Wednesday, April 17, 2013

William, Jeremy and Max : 4th Grade Rockers!

Well, it's another windy day here in Mykonos and Brenda and I were surfing across Youtube's waves, looking for some good tunes to listen to. Came across a bunch of a great artists but when I stumbled upon this young band, there was no way I could write about anyone else today. These guys blew my mind! Their band name, for the time being is William, Jeremy and Max. William is the lead singer of the band (and occasional bassist), and he's nine years old. Jeremy is the lead/rhythm guitarist in the band and he is ten years old. Max, is the drummer that sets the awesome pace for this band, and he is also ten years old. I never thought I'd hear a such a tight 4th grade rock & roll band, but there's a first time for everything! These guys know how to rock, and the first cover of theirs that blew my mind was of "TNT", by the awesome AC/DC. Check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlTQkvoYbAI

That was fantastic! I hope you agree with me that these guys are going somewhere. I only hope they really love what they're doing. Max's attitude towards the microphone is just right for a hard rock frontman, Jeremy's guitar playing is incredibly impressive considering his age and I have never worked with someone who can hold a beat as steady and clear as Max. I personally saw a little bit of Charlie Watts in his style, what do you think?

"TNT" aside, William, Jeremy and Max have a bunch of other great covers available on their Youtube channel. So, seriously, don't forget to subscribe to their channel if you enjoyed that. One of their live covers that I loved was of Led Zeppelin's "Rock & Roll". It's such an epic song in the history of rock & roll and I'm glad they've covered it. Watch out for Jeremy's take on Jimmy Page! I think Page himself would dig it, considering how young he was when he first appeared on TV, playing skiffle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie2Z3Ws_7PU

Brilliant! I seriously love the way these guys took on this monster of a song. Vocally, it's tremendously challenging. Guitar-wise...it is obviously tricky, and I loved Jeremy's solo. As for the drums... mind-blowing. John Bonham would be proud. Once again, something about Max's steady, clean beat and his overall style, remind me of Charlie Watts. And may I just say that I like how low Jeremy holds his guitar. And I've got to pay some respect to William who took on Robert Plant's very high, and strong, vocals.

And surprisingly, William, Jeremy and Max have some originals. I'm not sure if they wrote the whole thing, but I wouldn't be surprised considering how tremendously talented they are. An original entitled "One Fish Red Two Fish Blue" was inspired by the fact that less populated areas vote red, and more populated areas vote blue. I think it's a great song and you should definitely check it out, and don't forget to "like" their Facebook page. I can't close this post without saying that whoever put these videos together and did all the mixing and editing, did a fantastic job. I certainly wish someone did that for me. Brilliant work. And of course, William, Jeremy and Max are fabulous young rockers who I hope, will continue rocking and rolling through time! Check back tomorrow for another fantastic artist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOUtW3VSi_k

Alex Hamel

No comments:

Post a Comment