Thursday, April 25, 2013

Boyce Avenue : Youtube's Most Famous Artist

I've been waiting a while to write about these guys. I don't know what took me so long but I guess I was a bit intimidated by the fact that they might just be the most popular Youtube band out there. Consisting of brothers Alejandro, Daniel and Fabian Marzano, Boyce Avenue give their fans the most incredibly produced covers out there. Try looking up a couple covers of recent big hits and you'll probably find them lying at the top of the list. Although I am not a major fan of those who only cover new hits, for the sake of getting views, Boyce Avenue bring out covers of older songs and do them more than justice. What turned me on to them was a cover of Pearl Jam's "Jeremy". Through their mind-blowing talent for bringing out top quality videos, Alejandro's vocals and guitar track ring out like an orchestra in this one. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlhmdfl89tg

Amazing, isn't it? Talk about professionalism. These guys are talented and work really hard. I know a couple people who went to check out their gig in London a year ago, and absolutely loved it. I do regret not going at the time. Hopefully, I'll catch them when they come through again. And I certainly wish I could get that sound quality/video quality with my covers/originals. I'm pretty certain most artists out there would wish for it, since it's so sweet and tasteful.

And, I guess was reminded me to write about this star band was yesterday's upload. A cover of Michael Buble's "It's A Beautiful Day", recommended by Buble himself caught my attention. I can't imagine how the guys feel about such a voice recommending them, just as I can't imagine how Mr. Buble feels about hearing his song taken to such a raw and stripped down sound that may reach out to a completely different audience. I definitely love the way both of them do it but was surprised to see Boyce Avenue doing it. It's fantastic. Have a listen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQTgoQbkV-8

Brilliant cover, and I expected nothing less from Boyce Avenue. I'm not going to even comment on the stunning performances given in their videos, now and then accompanied my fellow Youtube stars. All I can say is that these guys inspire so many Youtube artists out there, and that's such an important factor in Youtube's ever growing community. I don't know how many times I've seen comments on Boyce Avenue's videos filled with admiration and begging the guys to check out their videos. I only hope they know how much people love their music and don't distance themselves from the love.

And for those of you who don't already know Boyce Avenue, they've got some really great originals that you have to check out. So important! Don't just check out an artist's covers, check out their originals too, because that's where their treasures lie. A treasure that caught my ear, and my eye is entitled "Every Breath". A stunning song, accompanied by a beautiful music video that is getting serious recognition out there. I only hope these guys enjoy the ride and get everything they want. Check back tomorrow for another fantastic artist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLPVtIscbco

Alex Hamel

No comments:

Post a Comment