Sunday, April 21, 2013

Juliette Valduriez : Guitar Goddess

Another day, another incredible artist. I came across today's while surfing across Youtube's waves, looking for covers of The Stooges' "Search And Destroy". And in doing so I came across this incredible guitar cover. I loved it so much that I was about to subscribe when I realised...I had already subscribed. I was shocked. This girl was one of the most powerful guitarists I had come across on Youtube, comparable to the likes of Kelly Rosenthal and Laura cox. Why hadn't I written about her? The answer was of course because she had no original material uploaded to her Youtube account. But the fact that I came across her again and again made me believe I'd better write about her. She's too incredible not to. Check out this powerful cover of The Stooges' classic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUoT27E5zTU

Incredible, right? She's definitely got that raw power down and knows how to do The Stooges justice. And aside from her incredible soloing, shredding and fantastic rhythm, I'm loving her tone. So many people take the tone for granted but don't be fooled, it takes a lot of work to get the tone just right. I definitely respect Juliette for everything she did in that video and am glad it's up there for the world to admire.

Juliette seems to have slowed down with her uploads but that isn't slowing down the amount of people viewing her videos everyday. To date, she's accumulated 8,383,076 views and gets endless comments complimenting her, and some proposing marriage to her. I've gotta say, she's a talented one and like many others, I wish I could jam with her. What I respect most is the fact that she's got a variety of covers available on her account. One that really drew me in was of Pink Floyd's masterpiece "Comfortably Numb", off The Wall, which is currently on tour, with Roger Waters. Have a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILbharIiEig

Love it! Juliette's got the emotion down so perfectly that she can fly over the track and work around every note. She's not the kind to just memorise a solo and do it, she gets the feeling and plays it how it feels. I really appreciate that. I mean, I've never seen John Frusciante or Jimmy Page do any solo exactly the same twice and that's exactly why I learn so much from them. David Gilmour of course is a different sort of guitarist in that sense as he can reproduce the exact solo identically each time, but I love the fact that Juliette took on this cover.

So, since Juliette doesn't have any original material uploaded to her channel (which you should have subscribed to by now), I'm going to close off with a cover of one of my all time favourite songs, "Gimme Shelter" (Rolling Stones). Not enough can be said about her guitar cover on this one. The tone is killer, the fillers are amazing and I'm just loving the backing track she used. Not sure where she found it but I love it. And those sweeps near the end of the video are to die for. Check it out and don't forget to check her out on Facebook! Check back tomorrow for another fantastic artist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqlBoGr82_4

Alex Hamel

9 comments:

  1. 'Lost Paradise' is her own piece, seemingly...
    She is a mystery though - being in the top-ten league of guitarist worldwide (by far the most interesting female player), she is nowhere to be found other than in these videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is indeed amazing. I would hope there is an agent or talent scout in pursue of this young woman. This clip of "Breathe Me" is actually better than the original and shows some real fine skills and how Juliette recreated the song to her liking. I must have watched it 25 times along with many of her other postings in awe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHsDzbMEZq8

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love "A Night Like This" by The Cure, but whenever I hear it now, I would prefer to have Juliette's guitar sound and solo in place of the sax in the original!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she is a very good guitar player but she doesn't have any seroius creativity or originality. She is not really an artist.
    I don't see anything that seem very creative. She is a very good musician. She doesn't play with a lot of emotion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALL ARE certainly entitled to their opinions. .but i have to state mine in this case. ..because i Feel Completely opposite on this matter. .TO ME her style is Sooooo much More emotional and personal than SO many Truely phenomenal metal style copy players. .SO many can play With blinding Quickness. .yet don't add their OWN personal Souls into the execution of the final offering. .Juliette pours HER heart's feelings and technical prowess OUT IN her playing! ... BUT. .this is just My humble opinion as a Guitarest of 35 years.

      Delete
  5. Juliette reminds me of Jascha Heifetz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. .i May NOT expect to marry HER. ..but i Would feel Honoured to create Music with HER. .i would even be honored to Build HER a Custom Explorer style Guitar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've Gotta say i definitely feel She IS IN the Top 10 Guitarests EVER. .and i award HER that praise for (a) HER emotional style. .each nuance of tone and fingering IS HER OWN (even if some riffs sound very Zakk Wylde'ish) .(b) HER youth/ inexperience IN playing/ recording. .yet she's GOT serious talent and innovation within the Rock/ Metal/ blues genre. .(c) SHE play's an Eclectic variety of Rock covers, ,,and DOES better IN Most cases than the originals (in My opinion)

    ReplyDelete
  8. After all these years she has finally released an album on Bandcamp, using the name Juliette Jade. More than worth a listen, it demonstrates her wider abilities as a musician, not just a blistering guitar soloist.

    Juliette Jade
    - Terrarium -
    Available on Bandcamp.
    https://juliettejade.bandcamp.com
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXy9VYuONxU&feature=youtu.be
    https://www.facebook.com/juliette.valduriez

    ReplyDelete