Saturday, April 20, 2013

Alexandra Gadzina : Bright Young Singer/Songwriter

So, last night I decided to do a little cover of a favourite late 90's track called "Save Tonight" (Eagle Eye Cherry). And this morning when I decided to take a look at it again, I saw a fellow cover in the "Recommendations" column. Little did I know finding today's artist would be that easy. Alexandra Gadzina's cover of the song was so powerful vocally, though so raw on the guitar, that I loved it. I felt that though the song was not polished and sharp, it was real, and that's exactly what the alternative 90's were about for me. Raw and real music. So, check out this fantastic cover by Alexandra and feel that emotion pouring out of her.



Love it! She's definitely knows how to get across the feeling and I'd love to see her grow as an artist. There' just something about her that makes me think she's only going to get better and write some great material. Alexandra's already got some lovely material, but I'll get to that later. As I said before, it's not polished and the guitar isn't "perfect", but the fact of the matter is...alternative rock was never about "perfection". It's about pouring emotion into music and getting it out there. If anyone out there disagrees with me, feel free to express it. I'm not saying alternative rock is just that, but that's a major part of it and I love the fact that Alexandra portrayed that raw sound through her cover.

Aside from that really catchy cover of a beautiful tune, Alexandra frequently updates her channel with lovely covers, so make sure you subscribe. And aside from those raw guitar covers, I was surprised to find some covers in which Alexandra plays keyboards. And contrary to those with the guitar, these were quite polished. So, I've gotta say that I loved the variety in there. Though I'm not a massive fan of Kings of Leon, I really enjoyed her cover of "Use Somebody". It's actually such a simple song and I love that. So, have a listen to Alexandra's stunning cover before we got to her original material.


Really great. As always, I love it when I come across a new artist who opens my eyes to how good a song is. Sometimes songs get so overproduced and layered with unnecessary bits and pieces that the raw quality is hidden underneath. So, the way Alexandra strips it down is perfect for my ear. Needless to say, once you really get into music, you can never listen to music the same again. You tear it apart and focus on different background sounds and so on. But, I actually never noticed how good the song was and have to say, I love the way it sounds with a female voice. Really different and I loved it. And...if you did too, make sure to subscribe to her channel and "like" her Facebook page, which I was surprised to find with less then 100 "likes". But, what do "likes" mean anyway?

And as I mentioned before, Alexandra's got some great originals. They've got a real simple backbone, which I love and are quite catchy. One that stood out to me was uploaded about twenty four hours ago and is called "Remember How To Breathe". I guess there was a reason to cover "Save Tonight" yesterday! If I hadn't, I wouldn't have come across this bright young artist. So, listen to this original and enjoy! Check back tomorrow for another fantastic artist.


Alex Hamel



No comments:

Post a Comment