Thursday, February 7, 2013

Update On Youtube's Underground Music Scene

This is just a short update for the fantastic artists I've been writing about and the readers of this blog. I've decided against using artists' photographs in this blog, because I don't want to be accused of "stealing" the photograph from some poor photographer who probably worked hard on these photos. Of course, I'd love the artist's image to be the first thing you see on the blog, but we have to see the brighter side of life. Let each artist unfold as a mystery. Orla's fantastic ginger hair and crazy expressions, Austin's gentle eyes, Dustin's grungy beard, Danny's overall fantastic look, Mike's happy face, Lizzie's pixie look, Kelly's smile... I guess you'll have to discover them for yourself by clicking on the links I'll be giving you, or even simpler, by searching them. 

On the one hand, their looks are all fantastic, and I'm sure everyone else I bring your attention to will have a fantastic look too, and it's a shame. On the other hand, it's an opportunity to not judge at first sight. You'll have to listen and judge, which is great! 

So, I apologize for those who are disappointed that I'm not using photos for the blog anymore, but I'm sticking with the writing. I'm pretty sure it's alright for me to post links, but if any artist has an issue with that, I'll definitely have to stop it. I don't want to "step on any artist's toes" so to speak. I'm sure it's obvious to you but I'd like to make it clear that the links I have posted and will post, are owned by the artist who created them, not me. If it is a cover of Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven", it is owned by the fantastic Led Zep. and if it is "Sixteen" by Orla Gartland, it is owned by Orla Gartland, unless otherwise stated. I am just sharing the music.

I'll be back tomorrow with another fantastic artist for you! 

Alex Hamel

No comments:

Post a Comment