Saturday, February 2, 2013

Austin Criswell's Lullabies

I only came across Austin Criswell's body of youtube videos recently. I might have stumbled upon his fantastic cover of "Build Me Up Buttercup" (The Foundations) a year or two ago but didn't take the time to see what he's really about. A couple weeks ago I was looking up "Tears In Heaven" (Eric Clapton) covers and came across his cover that was so true and honest in relation to most of the other covers I'd seen.

I think you should have a listen now! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78PZ8N3P0og

Well, after I listened to his cover of "Tears In Heaven", I went through all his covers and was happily surprised by a good deal of Beatles' covers. The only downside of what I heard was that his voice was so fabulous that it shadowed how smooth of a guitarist he is. Needless to say, I subscribed and went through his playlist of original songs.

His original stuff grabbed me and relaxed me. Hard to explain how that happens but I guess you should listen and figure out what I mean. One of his most popular original songs is called "Lullaby". You can find it on youtube and  on iTunes, where he's added a second song called "You'll Be Okay" (the first original of his that I listened to). What is most noticeable is that his songs are dripping with emotion and covered in some sort of heartbreak. I really can't tell what the inspiration for his songs is but I suspect something of the sort. "You'll Be Okay" tells a story, but Austin's voice is so calming that you might get lost in the melody. He's got a bunch of other great originals on youtube that you should check out. His youtube name is ACMusic7 and you can check him out on Facebook too at https://www.facebook.com/ACMusic7 .

If you like angelic voices and songs to bring out the emotion stuck in your heart, Austin is just what you need. And even if you'd rather keep those emotions bottled up, check him out because he's a fantastic artist with a heavenly voice and divine inspiration. I'm very glad his songs are a part of my iTunes collection now.

Alex Hamel

No comments:

Post a Comment