Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Tyler Ward : Exceptional Singer/Songwriter & Stunning Collaborations

Firstly, I'm happy to announce that the blog's been going strong for three months now! Thanks to all the readers for supporting Youtube's artists and I hope I can keep writing about them for as long as I can. There's certainly more than a lot out there! So, let's get to today's artist. He's massively successful on Youtube and has collaborated with a lot of other successful Youtube artists. I actually came across him through his collaboration with Boyce Avenue on Coldplay's "Fix You". Creating a beautiful harmony, their two voices work together against an acoustic guitar, a stunning electric guitar and a beat provided by the cajon. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n19hMu4yW0

I love everything about this one. For one, the quality is just stunning. The bright sounding acoustic matches up perfectly with that beautifully toned electric. And Alejandro's every so subtly raspy voice works together with Tyler's smooth voice. Essentially, it's an awesome cover by two very awesome artists. It's fantastic when any two artists or bands get together to do something, but when Youtube artists/bands do it, there's a certain flare to it. And Tyler certainly does a lot of them. Here's to collaboration, not competition.

Moving along, if you haven't done it already it, I think you should subscribe to Tyler's Youtube channel, because he's got a bunch of really cool things up there, including some stunning originals, that I'll bring up again later. Now, another collaboration that jumped out at me was with the very talented Alex G. doing Lady Gaga's "Born This Way". Though, I admit it reminds me of a certain Madonna song, I love this Lady Gaga track and think this stripped down cover is just as energetic! Have a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL2IxuUKZ-c

Super cover! Once again the quality is incredible and Tyler has chosen a great artist to collaborate with. I admit I had never come across Alex G. before this but will certainly write about her soon. She's got some lungs on her. As for Tyler, his subtle and smooth vocals compliment Alex's so much. And one again he's got that bright guitar sound that just works for his overall sound. And something had to be said about his rapping. He did a great job with that! I had it playing in the background and had to come back in the room to see if I missed another artist featuring in the video. Great switchover there!

Now, regarding his originals, he's got a ton of great ones (a lot of them collaborations). But once again, I love a song of his entitled "Falling", featuring Alex G. once again. The two of them have a certain musical chemistry that creates such a great sound. It's sort of like how Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat sounded perfect together on "Lucky". And music aside, the music video deserves your attention. It's brilliantly shot and done in black and white which just gives the whole thing a stunning aura. I'm really glad I came across Tyler Ward! Check back tomorrow for another fantastic artist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSYNk0WKcsk

Alex Hamel

No comments:

Post a Comment