Thursday, May 2, 2013

Alex G. : Fluid, Flawless Vocals

As promised, today's featured artist is Alex G., an incredible singer/songwriter who like Tyler Ward, collaborates with a lot of talented people. For those who didn't read up on yesterday's post, I came across Alex G. collaborating with Tyler Ward on his original track entitled "Falling". The intro to the song and Tyler's voice are great, and I thought the song was good but when I heard Alex singing that simple chorus I was hooked. Her voice is so pure and powerful that even the quietest detail reaches out to the listener. So, if you haven't already listened to that, you must! It's a stunning song by two of Youtube's stars!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSYNk0WKcsk

Each time I hear it I love it more. The subtlety of Tyler's voice combined with Alex's crystal clear tone create an illuminated phenomenon. Sometimes a song doesn't need complex lyrics, intricate guitar riffs, piano bits and crazy vocals. Sometimes simplicity is best and that's the case with "Falling", a song that I am definitely going to add to my iTunes collection. The two of them have such a stunning chemistry, I'd actually love it if they came up with an album of duets. It might remain a wish though.

But, moving along from "Falling", Alex has got a channel stocked with covers and originals (many of them collaborations), which I've already subscribed to. So, feel free to subscribe to Alex and check her out on Facebook for more updates. A sweet and loveable cover of "We Are Young" (Fun.) caught my ear and reminded me that I really have to learn that song. Together with Jon D, Alex delivers another breathtaking performance. Have a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCwjWhvD2S4

Beautiful song and a beautiful cover. I can't believe I hadn't come across Alex before. She's also got a really great cover of The Lumineers' "Ho Hey", which I really researched a lot about a month ago. But, getting back to this cover, it's obviously flawless. And whoever edits the audio/video is genius. The quality is crystal clear and really does Alex's voice justice. It's a shame when a really talented person is hindered by technology. I bet there's tons of stunning artists on Youtube who would die for some recording equipment like that. Alex is definitely lucky and must have worked hard to get where she is today.

And aside from covers, Alex has some really beautiful originals on her channel. And I urge you to support her via iTunes if you really like her. A song that caught my ear is called "Breathe" and is a perfect demonstration of how fluid Alex's voice is. I noticed in the credits that it's produced by Jake Coco, so here's to Jake Coco too! I chose this song because she's alone and thus you can focus on everything going on with her vocals. I'd actually love to hear an a cappella track from her. So, enjoy this track and support Youtube's artists! Check back tomorrow for another fantastic artist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_fXKkmHN5U

Alex Hamel

No comments:

Post a Comment