Sunday, May 5, 2013

Kelsey Snowdon : Magic Voice & Funny Cat

Hello to all the readers out there! Thanks for supporting Youtube's artists. Today's find of mine is Kelsey Snowdon. Strangely, I found this fabulous artist while looking up covers of Avril Lavigne's "Complicated". I hadn't heard the song in years and remember I actually used to really like it. Something about the simplicity of it. And Kelsey's cover carries that same base. A simple, straightforward rhythm and melody that could probably get annoying listening. Even if you're not a massive Avril fan, check this out. Kelsey's great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvV7cO5KKiE

Really nice cover. There's something particular about her voice that I really like. Something changes up when she reaches those high notes, and I actually noticed in her other videos too. Very unique, very easy to listen to. As for the videos, I love the fact that there seems to be a happy sleeping cat right behind her most of the time. It just adds to the whole vibe of the thing. Overall, I felt that the song suited her like a glove and I really like the tone of her voice. It's not typical and that's what makes it magic.

So, if you did love that, make sure you subscribe to her channel and check out her Facebook page. If not, stick with me a while longer. She's got some more great covers, including of David Gueta's "Titanium", which I also recently covered. She sings it a lot differently than I do, and hits those high notes with that particular of hers that I already love. I'm not sure if her cat's loving it though. Check it out and look out for the cat's reactions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_O2xzp8BVg

I don't know if I should be looking at Kelsey or her cat who seems to be annoyed at the interruption of his nap. Anyways, great cat aside, I loved the cover. There's something really piercing about her high notes and they give the song a whole different feel. What I also liked was the fact that she upped the tempo after the first chorus. She definitely made that work and that can be hard to pull off. The backing vocals also added to the track and were done beautifully. It can be frustrating getting those right, especially if you're a perfectionist. Not saying she is, but it looks like she putts a lot of effort into those videos.

Now, unfortunately...Kelsey's cat doesn't feature in the original I'd like to share with you. But, it's worth it because it's quite moving. A very melodic song with a quiet rhythm caught my ear amongst her originals, which you can go through on her channel (which you should have subscribed to by now). The song is entitled "Magic" and has some great lyrics which you can read below the video. I'm just amazed how many fantastic artists I've come across so far and hope that I can keep writing about great artists for a while. Some days are frustrating, but it's people like Kelsey that pull me through. Check back tomorrow for another fantastic artist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83uX49jU8bw

Alex Hamel

No comments:

Post a Comment