Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Alex Goot : Incredible Artist/Producer

Another day, another fantastic artist. Today's find is an incredible instrumentalist and vocalist called Alex Goot. And, although I suspect some of his vocals may be autotuned, he does a hell of a job putting his videos together. A recent upload covering Bon Jovi's "Living On A Prayer", really got me listening to all the details and production of the piece, rather than the vocals/guitar, which I tend to focus on. And, as stated on his channel, all the performance/production is done by him, so here's to Alex Goot for being an incredibly performer/producer. Check out this brilliant cover of "Living On A Prayer."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krJyRN1BekI

Really great stuff. I can't imagine how much time it takes Alex to put this stuff together, but he certainly pays attention to detail, production-wise. Many times people focus merely on an artist's performance and ignore the whole production aspect of the creation. So, for this reason I think Alex Goot definitely deserves some credit, and obviously is massively successful. So, I definitely advise you to be one of his many, many subscribers.

He's got a bunch of great covers up there, including the 90's classic "Wonderwall" (Oasis). I don't know how many times I've heard this song covered but it's one of those songs that leads people into a sea of other songs. I know for instance that "Wonderwall" (Oasis), "Californication" (RHCP), and "Smells Like Teen Spirit" (Nirvana) opened the gates to a world of indie/alternative rock for me. And with such a polished, refreshing sound, I'm definite that Alex Goot could lead future indie/alternative rock fans to treasures of Oasis, Nirvana, Blur, Beck and so many more. Here's his cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXjrbhr2mIU

Nice sound to that one, although I'm not an advocate of autotuning. Once again, the production aspect of the song is incredible and the sound is crystal clear. I'd definitely love it if Alex Goot produced some stuff for me. So, my point with Alex, is that he's more than a performer, and a singer. He's an overall musician who gets involved with all aspects of creativity and music. So, I do respect that he knows what he's doing and chooses based on his own preferences. Like Keith Richards produced certain Rolling Stones songs in a particularly rough scratchy way, or Jimi Hendrix wanted to blow out most of his songs, Alex enjoys this shiny, clean sound for his songs. I admire an artist who knows how to produce their own songs. I took a stab at it with my live/demo album last year and loved having control of my sound. So, here's advice to all musicians out there, get behind the production of your songs!

Now, more than his covers, I think people will appreciate Alex's originals. An original entitled "Lightning", has got quite a lot of attention on Youtube and sounds like the kind of songs that would fit perfectly into the pop scene of today. It's not typically what I would write about, but here's to the variety of talented and hard working Youtube artists out there. Don't forget to subscribe to Alex's channel and "like" his Facebook page. Check back tomorrow for another fantastic artist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxVDUE3D8_4


Alex Hamel

No comments:

Post a Comment