Friday, March 8, 2013

Francelle Maria : Vocals That Shake The Ground

So, I was surfing across Youtube's waves today and came across some fantastically talented people along the way. It's incredible how infinite the world of artists seems to be on Youtube. I was thinking "Who can I write about today that can follow Logan Murrell's booming voice?" And as if the Youtube gods heard my request, I came across one of the most amazing female voices I've heard on Youtube. And the thing is she only has 187 subscribers! It's just sick. "Why haven't people heard this girl?" I asked myself. I was honestly blown away by what I heard.

I was looking up Tina Turner covers to find some strong voice and I did. Tina Turner's masterpiece "What's Love Got To Do With It?" covered by an acoustic duo. Francelle Maria covered the song with a phenomenal guitar player by the name of Mathieu Leger. They start out following the rhythm of the original track but quickly drive into an almost ska-sounding rhythm that is just right for Francelle Maria's high pitched, intensely strong vocal line. I can definitely imagine a full fledged cover done in their style making it as a summer hit. What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWuuYa1F1pI

Out of this world. It almost sounds as if No Doubt decided to do an unplugged cover of the Tina Turner classic. Francelle has that sort of dynamic voice that pierces right through your ear, and straight to your heartbeat. I love it. I was honestly reminded of Cyndi Lauper's incredibly explosive vocal style. Is it chance that people with these incredibly dynamic voices tend to be small? It only adds to the amazement on the faces of fans.

Well, it seems that an incredibly dynamic female voice slipped my mind before, and Francelle Maria's got a couple covers of her songs. Dolly Parton has one of the most versatile voices out there and I love it when I hear someone do an incredible cover of one of her songs. Francelle did a cover of "Jolene", which is great, but she also did a cover of "9 to 5", which just burns with that explosive element which Francelle possesses. Once again, she's accompanied by the incredibly talented Mathieu Leger on guitar.  I'd love to see these two live, or live upstairs from that room they cover songs in. Have a listen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahPIFzvVVv0

Amazing, isn't it? One guitar and one vocal sounding better than most overproduced chart toppers today. I love it! And, beyond the great covers, Francelle Maria's seems to have some great sounding, country based originals out there. I didn't write about two country artists back to back on purpose, by the way. I just seemed to happen. But, anyways, Francelle Maria's original that seems to have gotten most exposure is called "One Has To Go". It's quite simple yet rich in vocal twists and turns, and easy for anyone to listen to. I honestly love the sound of it and hope you will too! And make sure you subscribe to Francelle Maria's channel and check her out on Facebook too. Check back tomorrow for another fantastic artist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reCeZiWBCh8

Alex Hamel

No comments:

Post a Comment