Thursday, June 27, 2013

Psychée : Brilliant, Eery & Loveable

It's that time of the week and I'm still going through my Oasis thing. I never really got into Oasis before, so they definitely deserve my time, though I still hold it against Noel for commenting rudely on Kurt Cobain's suicide. You just don't do that, it's like Keith Richards commenting rudely on John Lennon's suicide. Anyways, this week's artist has got a fantastic cover of Oasis' "Supersonic". It's down to earth, as is she, though she pulls you in with her mesmerisingly simple cover. Nothing fancy, but just right! Great style too! Check her out.


Great isn't it? I just love it when a person just does the song. I don't think anyone quite does songs like George Possley, who's nearing Danny McEvoy when it comes to upload rates, but this girl is definitely good. Not a flaw in her style, and nothing fancy either. She's the kind of performer I'd love to sit and listen to in a bar. Simple, and easy.

Now, let me just remind you to subscribe to her channel and also check out her Facebook page, which is highly unappreciated. You can definitely see she's put a lot of thought and time into it. She's got a bunch of other great covers on Youtube, including one of The Cure's "Just Like Heaven." I must admit, I was never a massive Cure listener, but there's definitely a uniqueness to them and their style. So, here's this girls' brilliant take on it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhff0gnR0rQ

Sweet stuff. It definitely takes on a nature of its own when done acoustic, and her French tainted accent gives a beautiful edge to the song. Once again, her style flows through the song and her guitar playing is precise yet raw, in a sort of Cobain manner, that I always appreciate. I'd honestly love to say a thousand things about this girl, whose channel is blowing my mind as I write, but in this case, I think it's best you discover it for yourself.

One thing I will say, is that she's got an original that drew me right in. Entitled "In Your Nightmares", it's a song that I'd love to cover some time. Keep an eye out for that. I might do it. Until then, I hope she uploads a couple more eery yet pleasureful songs like that. Brilliant, eery yet loveable! Thanks again for supporting Youtube's artists and reading on! Check back next Thursday for another fantastic artist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQglBPIWJuQ

Alex Hamel

1 comment: