Thursday, June 6, 2013

Krista Hughes : Captivating & Emotional Sounds

It's that time of the week and I've got another fantastic artist for you. I hope you haven't been too lonely without the daily posts, but remember, if you do come across an incredible artist that I haven't written about here, feel free to send them my way! Now, I came across today's artist, while surfing across Youtube after posting last week's artist. I almost wanted to post her right away, because I loved her sound so much, but decided to hold on until Thursday. I don't want to confuse you guys. I actually came across Krista in a suggestion box beside my cover of "Cryin'" by Aerosmith. Needless to say, I think her cover is far superior to mine and I'm loving that pure telecaster sound she's got against her epic voice. Check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GQgZOCnYIE

Brilliant! She's got that full sounding voice that just sounds incredible when she goes for those high notes. And she's doesn't hold back that growl either, and I love that. As for that stunning Telecaster, I love how countrified the song becomes when played alone on it. It definitely compliments Krista's unique tone and works beautifully for this Aerosmith classic. There's not much more I can say on this, except can you imagine how amazing this would sound if Krista had the equipment certain other artists have (e.g. Boyce Avenue, Christina Grimmie)? I only hope she gets the chance to create videos like that some day.

Now, I obviously subscribed right away, because, I love Aerosmith, and I loved her cover. But, if you're not convinced that you need to subscribe to Krista's channel, give me a little more time. She's got tons of great covers, as well as some neat originals, that I'll get to later. Another cover that caught my ear was of Dolly Parton's "Jolene." The song's been covered countless times but I never tire of hearing it. Krista's soulful sound is almost reminiscent of Shakira's Unplugged session back in the late 90's here. Have a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--oR5Uokcng

Beautiful cover. I really love it. And I've got to say that microphone does a great job capturing the essence of Krista's guitar and vocal. Though, something tells me she'd be incredible to see live. I'd definitely go see her if I ever had the opportunity. As opposed to Dolly's high and crystal clear vocals, Krista's got more bass in her voice, as well as that sweet crackle that shows up every now and then. All I can say is that her sound has a whole lot of personality that I'm loving, and I hope you're loving it too!

Now, regarding her originals, I came across a song of hers called "Hazard" that she recorded in a studio. It really gives us the opportunity to peer into the corners of her voice that is so captivating and emotional. It also proves that she's more than a performer, she's a fantastic songwriter. So, if you love this as much as I do, I urge you to subscribe to her and check her out on Facebook! And thanks for supporting Youtube's artists. Check back next Thursday for another fantastic artist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjnzpoFomno

Alex Hamel

No comments:

Post a Comment