Thursday, July 11, 2013

Alysha Moore : Legendary Bass Playing

It's about time I wrote about a great bassist on the blog. This one caught my eye quite some time ago, while looking up bass covers of "Killing In The Name" (Rage Against The Machine). I was surprised to find a blonde haired hipster girl rocking the bass as if it were part of her body. What pleased me even more was the fact that she was playing a Flea Bass (a line of basses run by the epic Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Michael Balzary, better known as "Flea"). Needless to say, I subscribed to her channel, but somehow, it never crossed my mind to write about a bassist until recently. She's incredible, and she'll blow your mind. Trust me. Check her out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eduhHXZXWSk

She's got a great groove doesn't she? She's definitely got the look of a great bassist (though I can't say what it is that gives her that look, except the bass, maybe). She's got a great tone, incredible rhythm and would be an incredible addition to any lucky band out there. What I love most is how laid back she is about the whole thing. As I said previously, she makes the bass seem as if it were a part of her, which is just what any musician should be doing. Beautiful to see.

Now, if you haven't already subscribed to Alysha's channel, I urge you to do so...right away...before you forget. She's got an extensive list of incredible bass covers. I've pretty much seen all of them, but a couple stand out to me. One that I love is of a personal favourite of mine, "Storm In A Teacup" (Red Hot Chili Peppers). It blows my mind every time. Keep your eyes and ears open for the improvements!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHUzAFCcugY

Stunning playing, right? I listen to this cover every so often and pray to the universe that I will have the honour of playing with a bassist of Alysha's calibre in the future. Now, I should have said this earlier but better late than never. Make sure you are wearing good earphones! There is no comparison sound-wise. Alysha's speed, strength and understanding of the bass evolved beautifully since her early covers, and quality playing deserves quality listening. Remember that.

So, put aside those "words of wisdom" I just came up with and listen to one of Alysha's originals. She's got a couple available on her channel (which you better have subscribed to by now), and one in particular really gets me. It's rather recent and it's called "Calm". Like a ball of energy, this song grows within itself and magnetises the listener into itself. Beautiful, and worth repeating. Thanks again for supporting Youtube's artists. Check back next Thursday for another great artist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hwUqNYJeG0

Alex Hamel

No comments:

Post a Comment