Sunday, August 11, 2013

What's The News?

Hello all! You're probably wondering what I wanted to tell you about. Well, I'll get right to it. A couple weeks ago, I was writing one of my posts when I thought "Wouldn't it be great to actually get in touch with the artists I've been writing about and interview them? I considered sending them specific questions or Skyping, but while the one seemed too distant, the other seemed too intrusive. I've always loved the radio, and loved listening to interviews on it so I thought it would be pretty cool to do phone interviews. But who would I start with and how often would I write? It takes quite a while for both the artists and myself to find the time to talk for an hour and then takes me a while to transcribe the interview into written word. So, I decided I'll do this once a month, starting on September 1st.

Hopefully you're as happy as I am about this addition to Youtube's Underground Music Scene and I hope you'll read up once we get the first interview up. I've already done the first one and am happy to say it went really well. He's got a real heavy Liverpool accent and has become a good friend of mine via Youtube. He's the one and only Danny McEvoy! So, stay tuned and I hope you enjoy the interview that'll pop up on the blog on September 1st!

Alex Hamel

No comments:

Post a Comment