Thursday, August 8, 2013

Pete "georgiarose16" : Oasis & The Beatles In One Man

Hello all! You're probably wondering why I didn't update the blog this weekend as I promised. I found myself caught up between gigs and photo shoots, so I apologise for that. Still wondering what the big news is? Well, it's rather simple. But...let's not clog up this article on Pete. I'll be updating you on the good news over the weekend. I've arranged so that I have time to write. Now, regarding Pete, I just kept coming across him, no matter what! The same way I kept finding Danny McEvoy and George Possley, this guy was nearly everywhere. He's got over one thousand videos up, most of which are pretty good! He's been going strong for some time now and I can hardly recall what the first of his that I saw was. I do remember it was 2008, and for that reason, I've picked one of my favourite uploads of his from 2008. Here's his cover of Depeche Mode's "Enjoy The Silence"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXY9u-j6SR8

Great stuff! He's one of those guys who just does the song the way it's meant to be. No fancy bits and pieces, just the raw, unplugged reality of each tune. There's a certain beauty to doing it that way. It just brings you down to earth to see another person doing that. It makes you feel like you can it yourself. It's really empowering really. I mean, how many people look at Christina Grimmie and say "I can do that!" There may be a few, but generally, it's rather intimidating. Nothing against Christina, because she's incredible. But it's great to know there are people out there who are just like you and me. Pete serves that awesome purpose.

So, if you're not one of Pete's many subscribers already, I'd definitely recommend him. He's always uploading covers and has a great deal of tutorials available. One thing you gotta know about Pete, is that he's a massive Oasis fan. Probably one of my favourite covers of his came shortly after Oasis broke up. As he said, their music will "Live Forever"! Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdx1eb-KoE

Brilliant, isn't it? Played with utmost emotion, just the way all music should be. Once again, he just does the song disregarding the world around him. He gets into it and lives there. I love the incredible little solo he put together at the beginning, which streams beautifully into the stripped down version of the Oasis classic! Make sure you check out his other Oasis covers, as well as the tutorials if you're a guitarist and you don't know the songs yet.

Now, I've gotta admit, I've really had a good look around Pete's channel, but I can't find any originals unfortunately. He must be hoarding them somewhere. I certainly hope he gets some out there soon. In any case, I'll close the article on Pete with my all time favourite cover of his. Because of the whole vibe of the video, the technicality and simplicity with which he plays it and the beauty of the song itself. Here's "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" (The Beatles). Thanks for supporting Youtube's artists! Check back next Thursday for another fantastic artist!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iItkBDLFUX0

Alex Hamel

No comments:

Post a Comment